.
I am THANKFUL for the wonderful truths of salvation’s freedom.
.
I am THANKFUL that despite my undeservingness, God showed me mercy & grace.
.
I am THANKFUL for access to the throne of God through prayer.
..
I am THANKFUL for my husband. He is a loving supportive man who works hard so I can be home with our boys. He is an amazing, involved father who is not afraid to change a few dirty diapers now & then.
.
I am THANKFUL for my boys. They are the most amazing gift I have ever been given. They make me laugh every single day!
.
I am THANKFUL for our home. It may be small, but it is filled with love & many special memories.
.
I am THANKFUL that God said "Yes" to our prayer for children.
.
I am THANKFUL that His "yes" didn't come immediately, because through waiting 4 long years, God taught me so much & drew me closer to Himself.
.
I am THANKFUL that someone a long time ago learned how to make chocolate & that I live where there is easy access.
.
I am THANKFUL for a church where we are taught the Word of God & surrounded by supportive friends.
.
I am THANKFUL for the many conveniences in my life...dishwasher, washing machine, and pasta pickups.
.
I am THANKFUL for the ability to capture memories through photography.
.
I am THANKFUL for beautiful music.
.
I am THANKFUL for my sister. She has been there with me through everything! And she is the most amazing aunt.
.
I am THANKFUL that our home is filled with many good books for myself & my children.
.
I am THANKFUL for loving grandparents & extended family & that we will be adding a new sister-in-law in May.
.
I am THANKFUL for godly parents. Dad, your prayers for me through the years are more precious than you know & Mom , your sacrifice to be home with me & teach me & even stay up with my crying newborns last year have blessed me.
.
* * * * *
.
I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1
.
“God’s quest to be glorified and our quest to be satisfied reach their goal in this one experience: our delight in God which overflows in praise. For God, praise is the sweet echo of his own excellence in the hearts of his people. For us, praise is the summit of satisfaction that comes from living in fellowship with God.”
.
If we want to give thanks, we need only two things. Something we’re thankful for and somebody to thank. Seems so obvious, but I think I need to say it because it’s amazing how many people can say, “I’m thankful for _____ ,” without admitting that God is there to hear their thanks. And they’re certainly not giving him credit for whatever it is they’re enjoying. John Piper
.
Oh come, let us sing to the LORD; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. . . .Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
(Psalm 95:1-3, 6-7)
(Psalm 95:1-3, 6-7)
.
* * * * *
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
2 comments:
Beautiful sentiments and so well-expressed!
Great list, Debbi! If we "think" we will have to "thank" God for He is so very generous!
Post a Comment