Fall is officially here. It has been wet and cool most of the week. However, yesterday it warmed up & today was just BEAUTIFUL! The boys & I just couldn't stay inside. We took a nice long walk around the pond at the park, played in the leaves, and enjoyed the play equipment. By the way, this is my absolute favorite children's park because there is no equipment that the boys can climb. This makes things soooooo much easier for me as I don't have to worry about one boy plummeting to his death while I chase the other. {grin}

I am always struck by the difference in Benjamin & Joseph when they experience new circumstances. Benjamin is timid & reserved, and Joseph is curious & adventuresome. For example today when I set them in the leaves...
Benjamin lifted his hands because he didn't want them to touch the leaves, made sad faces, and crawled over to me begging to be picked up, once I picked him up he inserted his thumb & cried if I set him down.
Joseph grins great big, starts running in all directions, picks up and inspects many leaves, discovers he can shove them through the chain link fence, and cries when it's time to leave.

To totally change the subject...Christmas. I took the boys to Hobby Lobby earlier this week (to get a scrapbooking pen) and they have all their Christmas stuff out. Benjamin & Joseph were completely enchanted by the sparkling Christmas tree lights. They starred at them for the longest time. Then they started desperately leaning over their double stroller attempting to reach the branches & lights. I am happy they love them. I am quite worried about them destroying any possible decorations I put up in our home. Does anyone have any tips for keeping 1 year olds away from beautifully decorated Christmas trees?!?
Doug has been sick. It started with a fever, which only lasted 24 hours, but has now turned into a back cough, sore throat, and lost voice. Work has been especially rough on him since his job is 99% talking.
Football season is almost done (end of October). Doug & I are so grateful that God has provided this way for him to earn some extra income for our family, but we are also so ready to have more time as a family again.
Right now the boys... love Legos ~ eat a lot ~ giggle often ~ think looking between their legs is funny ~ laugh just because their brother is laughing ~ play under the crib every evening while getting in their jammies ~ drink milk out of straw cups ~ can't sit still for a photograph ~ empty everything constantly ~ open the toilet lid ~ give hugs ~ love swinging ~ and one loves to put socks on & the other loves to take them off.
Doug's parents were able to visit on Saturday. We enjoyed being together & eating Mom's yummy chilly. The boys just love Grandpa's cane & spent most of the day carrying it around. I think both boys attempted to say "Grandpa."
I am working on organizing photos. This past week I finished an album from Doug's & mine engagement, wedding showers, rehearsal, and wedding. So fun to look back & remember that time in our life. We were so young!!! It also struck me how much photography has changed in 9 years. All our photos were film & they are definitely not of the quality of most of the photos we take now in this digital age. I still love them because they bring back memories, but many of them are quite unflattering! {grin} I wonder what our children will think when they look back on the photos I take of them now. What will they find funny about our technology?
I was planning to attend a woman's conference tomorrow morning, but sadly Benjamin developed a low grade fever (100.6 tonight) this evening. It may just be teething, but since Doug has been sick, I am not going to risk exposing other children by putting him in the child care provided. So we are going stay home tomorrow & enjoy extra cuddle time.
Finally, here are some pictures from our outing today. Enjoy!










1 comment:
Tips for Christmas with 1-year-olds: good luck with that!
No seriously - it is a lost cause. You can either
1. only decorate your tree from about halfway up
2. OR only put non-breakable ornaments on the bottom half and agree not to stress if something gets lost
3. OR you can spend every 30 seconds saying "no, no" and swatting hands.
Your choice.
Post a Comment