Saturday, October 17, 2009

Took A Deep Breath, Wiped Away A Few Tears, And...

I took my "baby" in for his first haircut.


I'm not going to lie. IT WAS HARD for this mama. I have loved his moppy curly hair.
I had little, tiny tears as I carried him into the salon and kissed on his sweet head.


However, after multiple comments (10+) through this past week about my lovely "girl" and after having to comb out multiple tangles, Doug & I had decided it was time.


Here is Benjamin BEFORE...


Here is Benjamin DURING...
(He was not thrilled about it, but the lady with bubbles helped)

Here is Benjamin AFTER...
(Benjamin was not in a great picture taking "mood" this afternoon so after trying twice this was the best I got.)

He looks so grown up!!!

4 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

After three years of having twin girls...I just embrace it. Yep, one girl with stick straight hair and two boys with curly curls! They're growing up so fast and my heart can only take so much!
He does look *adorable* and makes quite the handsome little boy! Not to leave slightly less hairy brother out...he's adorable, too! It'll grow in and I bet his will be curly, too!

Karen said...

Very cute!! He does look so much older... he still has beautiful hair! I had a hard time cutting Elijah's too... I made Jud cut it and I closed my eyes:) Although he still is called a cute "little girl" in public, I consider it a compliment:)

Nate and Pam said...

He looks adorable!!!! (Although you should have called me!!! I would have come by to kiss his sweet curls before they were cut off :-(.) And, by the way, in the before pictures, he had several that looked just like YOU!!!!

IowaGal5 said...

Sigh - that first haircut is traumatic for mama's boy and for mama. It is like loosing yet another piece of their babyhood. Grant's was the hardest for me. At 14 months he had ringlets of blonde curls. I came home from the grocery store to find Grant in the high chair, eating fruit loops while Alex snipped away. He was almost done by the time I walked in. Nearly served him papers that day ;)But like you, Grant was becoming such a "beautiful little girl", that I knew it was inevitable.
He's so handsome! Still has those gorgeous baby blues so that's a consolation!