Friday, October 23, 2009

Sick

sick.
yes.
we are all very sick.
started last week on Tuesday.
still going.
fever.
cough.
body aches.
ear infections.
and today my poor hubby has started in with vomiting, etc.
hope my boys don't start vomiting, etc.
hope I don't.
I am doing what any sane woman does.
cleaning.
Clorox wipes.
laundry.
survive.
try to make & feed healthy vitamin rich food.
eat ice cream & chocolate.
yes.
definitely chocolate.
and coffee.
lots of coffee.
and vitamin C.
and zinc.
~
thank you for praying for us.
~
some pictures I took of the boys yesterday.
because I'm sick, not dead. {grin}









But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..."
~
"Our greatest cause for rejoicing tomorrow will not be that we have been spared from trial or suffering, but that Christ has been present to sanctify the trials to us and comfort us in them..." T. J. Bach

2 comments:

DAD / Grandpa Carter said...

Debbi, the most difficult time in my life personally came after you, Pam, and I returned from visiting Togo in 1996. You will remember that I became ill with what we later believed was hepatitis and I operated about 1/4 speed for a full year. That impacted the whole family but no one else was ill. There was another time when you, Pam, and Tim all had chicken pox at the same time, but neither your mother nor I were ill. Because of her rhinitis, JoAnn has always gotten colds and flu that impacted her longer and harder than most people, so there have been many times when she continued to minister to the family while being ill or recovering. But, I don't remember a time when all of us were severely ill at the same time. So, I can only imagine how hard it is for you right now. But, I want to assure you that it will pass, as all trials do. In fact, have I ever shared with you my mother's favorite Bible verse? "And it came to pass . . ." She will quote that verse (which appears several places) and then say, "Yes, it did not come to stay, it came to pass." I love that. Anyway, here is another scripture to encourage you: "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." (Psalm 103:2-5). IPFY

Karen said...

They're still cute, even when they're sick!! Trust you all are on the "up" now. Hope to see you soon!