Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Playing Legos With Daddy

Those of you who know my husband know how deep his passion for legos runs. He has literally spent HOURS of his life constructing Lego masterpieces, many of them quite elaborate & without instructions.
~
It has been fun to see him introduce our boys to this love of his. I purchased a large bag of legos at a garage sale this summer for $1. Grandpa & Grandma also gave us some for Christmas, so we have a nice collection now.




Doug will often construct a Lego "masterpiece" for the boys after they are in bed & leave it for them to discover in the morning.
It is fun to watch the boys' reactions to Daddy's masterpieces.
~
Benjamin runs up to it & promptly deconstructs it. He delights in destruction & nothing makes him happier than pulling it apart into many, many, many pieces. Once it is pulled apart he "stirs" the pieces around on the floor and giggles hysterically.
~
Joseph gets sooooo excited he does this cute little "dance" where he stomps his feet up and down, he runs into the next room & then hurries back, he looks very closely at it with a BIG grin. Finally he picks it up and carries it around the house (until Benjamin catches up with him & begins his destruction).
~
Me? I have a love/hate relationship with legos. I LOVE seeing daddy & the boys play together, I LOVE the fact that legos build creativity & small motor skills, and I LOVE seeing the boys' joy.
I HATE stepping on them constantly & I HATE picking up legos all over the house constantly. They are everywhere...the stairs, the bedrooms, the shower, the dryer, behind the sofa, etc.


What do your children LOVE to play with their daddy?


4 comments:

Tim said...

Gotta love legos. In answer to your ending question, I will have to tell you some point in the future :) I hope everyone is feeling better.
-Uncle Tim

greglong said...

Our boys are in 5th and 2nd grade and they STILL love Legos and play with them almost every day...it's just that the pieces get smaller and the sets get more expensive as they get older!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

All the boys at our house love legos and wooden blocks. I'm always finding wooden block castles, roadways, and random structures!
Agree--nothing hurts worse than stepping on a lego!

Christine Poole said...

My boy loves legos still too. Anything building is fun for him. He loves creating 'creatures' or machines right now.