Today I took the boys to the zoo for the 1st time. It was so fun!!! Aunt Pam was able to come with to help & I was thrilled to have her along.
Our zoo is not large, so 2-3 hours is about the perfect amount of time to enjoy all you (and 2 one year olds) want to. The weather was perfection...70's, cloudy, no wind!!!
.JPG)
.JPG)
I am so in love with these to boys! How lucky am I? I am looing forward to many, many zoo trips as they grow.
We saw all the usually animals...lions, monkeys, zebra, birds, sea lions, giraffe, etc.
The boys loved watching the animals that were close and moved a lot. If the animals were far away and still they didn't notice them & would get bored.
.JPG)
There was a little wooden "waterfall" in the petting zoo area & the boys LOVED dipping their feet in.
.JPG)
Joseph was not a big fan of petting the animals in the petting zoo area. He is scared of any stuffed mechanical animal toys that move & sing (like Elmo) so I wasn't surprised that he didn't like the live goats.
.JPG)
Benjamin on the other hand couldn't get enough of touching the goats. In fact after a few times getting their noses pinched the animals were more afraid of him!
.JPG)
.JPG)
Benjamin loved the sealion show & intently watched the entire thing with Aunt Pam. Joseph watched some, but was more interested in the other people & in trying to get down to explore.
.JPG)
BY FAR the boys favorite was the aquariums. The sat contentedly watching the fish for a long time. (I wonder if it reminds them of their Fisher Price fish tanks on their cribs?)
2 comments:
Glad to read your boys had a great time at the zoo. Adrian's b-day gift to daddy is a trip to the zoo is Friday, so it should be fun! Hopefully we will luck out and get great weather too!!
My favorite picture is the one where the Llama looks scared of Ben!
-Daddy
Post a Comment