Friday, July 24, 2009

Sometimes It's Hard Having a Brother

I love that Benjamin & Joseph seem to love each other so much. I love that they always play in the same place, with the same thing, at the time, just so they can be together. However, sometimes that presents some problems! Benjamin currently thinks ALL THINGS that have the ability to be shut or closed should be & it is his job to take care of it. So poor Joseph keeps getting "shut in." The following pictures show just a few of the recent "shut ins" that have occurred.



And just because I delight in my children's misery (jk).


Thank you to everyone who has joined in praying for Trent. His surgery took around 4 hours and when as well as we could hope for. Last night they were having difficulty finding the right balance of pain medications to help him manage his pain, and they had a very difficult night. However, this morning I was able to talk with him on the phone for a few minutes & he was sounding better. He told me he was about to try to sit up, eat a breakfast sandwich & play his new video game.
Please keep praying for his healing, praying for his pain to be manageable, and praying for rest & peace for his mom & dad. Right now the doctors are saying he may be able to go home in 3 days.

1 comment:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

I think the same dr. that did Trent's surgery removed my sisters' thyroid when she was 6 :) Dr. Buchi? Pretty sure.....now...that was 13 years ago, so I'll have to double check w/ my mom :)
Glad to hear that the surgery went well!