Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day everyone.
We had a very nice day here. Doug had the day off work and Pam & Nathan were able to join us. Pam & I went shopping in the morning without children which was lots of fun. Benjamin & Joseph were very easy on Daddy & Uncle Nate and slept almost the entire time we were gone. After that we grilled, played games, and enjoyed a Dairy Queen treat.
Doug & I wanted to make sure we took time to recognize the true reason for Memorial Day. We do not have any family buried close, so we took the boys to a local cemetery and walked around a little bit, remembering our family that has passed on and the sacrifice so many men & woman have made on behalf of our freedom. Following that we enjoyed a beautiful path near the cemetery.
Here I am with Benjamin
And here I am with Joseph

Daddy showing some flowers to Joseph (the boys just LOVE walking and look at everything - trees, leaves, and birds)

We got to see this deer on our walk

Finally....
Here I am today with my husband of 8 years. At this time 8 years ago I had only been "Mrs. Douglas Rose" for a few short hours. I am so blessed to be married to a man who loves the Lord, me and his boys! I love you Doug!!!

2 comments:

IowaGal5 said...

The pictures are so neat. I love the deer on the path - really cool photo with natural "framing" from the trees.
I tired not to be too homesick yesterday, but reading your blog, I cried. It's these little things that I am missing. I want to be there with all of you and especially Ben and Joe as time is slipping away.
Alex had to work all weekend. I think we saw him a total of 20 minutes. I too determined to recognized the true meaning of Memorial Day. I took the kids to a small parade in Crystal Lake, it was nice: just three bands, service men and women, and a few boy scout troups. Then we went to the park for a picnic, walked a nature trail, and watched part of a high school ballgame that was playing on an ajoining feild. Last night I took the kids to their favorite Pizza place (Nick's) because they have half-price on Monday nights. Came home with enough leftover for lunches today.
Love and Misses,
Dawn

Karen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day!! How nice to see a deer on the path too, and be able to snap a pic of it too:)