Yes, I haven't posted in a few days. I was having trouble deciding what you would be most interested in reading about: the NINE dirty diapers I got to change in ONE DAY, the fact that I have used up an entire bottle of saline drops since Wednesday suctioning the boys noses, the 3-4 times a night I have been up the last 3 nights, the extra spit I have been cleaning of our carpet (we need new carpet!), or the amazing biceps I am developing from carrying as much as 36lb of fussy baby around all day. Oh, the adventures of colds or teething...I'm not sure which right now!
Truthfully, the last few days have been very challenging with the boys. Thankfully, I think we are on the up trend now! As I type the boys are laughing and rolling around on my kitchen floor.
**********
Doug and I did get to go out last night thanks to Al & Joy Root who graciously agreed to watch my two snotty nosed boys. Our soon to be married friend (smile), Chris Ellis, directed a Requiem by Brahms to fulfill a requirement for his Master's Degree. It was beautiful! I really needed some time out of the house and really enjoyed the chance to wear something other than jeans & a t-shirt, sit QUIETLY and enjoy music, and be with friends for a while.
(Photo taken by Brian Jackson)
**********
Any moms-to-be out their, add this to your have-to-have list....
Any moms-to-be out their, add this to your have-to-have list....
Ever since the boys discovered these...
(btw-don't you just want to kiss those sweet feet?!!)
.JPG)
**********
We are so looking forward to the boys first EASTER. We are planning to drive an hour and a half tomorrow to be with Doug's parents. I know they don't understand yet, but I hope one day our boys will know and celebrate with us the RESURRECTION OF OUR LORD & SAVIOR!
**********
Crawling update...NOT YET. I think he has been slowed down by the recent sickness, but this morning Joseph was back to "practicing" his push ups. He is now balancing on one hand and his knees. This morning he demonstrated this skill by being on hands and knees with one hand in his brothers mouth while he "kissed" his brother's forehead. (Could this be part of the reason they are both sick?!?!).**********
Today I am once again working on the "official" baby books. This blog is my true record of the boys first year, but I am attempting to also complete the "official" book as well. Today I get to record a new tooth for both boys. This morning Ben's first top tooth came in (YEAH!!!) and I just noticed a third bottom tooth in Joseph's mouth. It is actually in a ways and I missed it somehow!!!**********
We are so looking forward to the boys first EASTER. We are planning to drive an hour and a half tomorrow to be with Doug's parents. I know they don't understand yet, but I hope one day our boys will know and celebrate with us the RESURRECTION OF OUR LORD & SAVIOR!
1 comment:
Love reading your updates. Isn't it so nice to go out with your husband sometimes and just be a couple? So glad you got to do that! Have a fantastic and blessed Easter!!!
Post a Comment