Friday, March 27, 2009

Oh The Games We Play!

Recently it seems like if I blink the boys change in some way! They are just doing something new every day - I am just LOVING this age!!! Today... Ben has been saying "Ga, ga, ga" over and over & Joseph almost got himself from tummy to sitting by himself.

Sitting has revealed a bunch of new activities that the boys are enjoying. A new favorite is the basket game. I puts a bunch of different small toys in a basket and they get to pull them out one at a time. Every 5 minutes or so I re-fills the basket they have emptied. Their "favorite" item is the pacifier I include. As soon as they find it in it goes.


They are also starting to have sharing issues. They toy their brother has is always the "best." They steal toys/pacifiers from each other often.

Another favorite game is "Brother." They love to grab each other, chew on each other, etc. Now that they are becomine more mobile I am having to watch them because their brother doesn't always appreciate the game.
One of my favorites is crib play time. They like to lay together in the same crib in the morning while I shower. I think they like the fact that the toys can't get away from them!

Mum-mums aren't a game exactly, but definitely a favorite around here. Joseph gets so excited the minute he sees one he literally starts shaking. Both boys do very well with eating these delicous treats.

Of course peek-a-boo has always been a favorite with many babies!


And don't forget toes!!!


1 comment:

IowaGal5 said...

I LOVE this age too. It is my absolute favorite. Grant's favorite game was "basket". Being the insufferable morning person he is, he would wake up at 5:30 am. I would stumble in, put a basket of toys in his crib and stumble back to bed. He would happily take each item out, chew, shake, laugh and go onto the next for at least a half hour. Ah, how I miss that smily baby. Brookes favorite game was "toes". I miss all of you so much. I wish I could have come over spring break. I really think I might try to squeak a trip in to Iowa before our July vacation.