Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekly Wrap

Both boys are learning and discovering new things everyday. They have discovered their hands can grab things. The coordination is not there yet, but they know that they can! Friday Ben grabbed a dangling ring and then didn't know how to let go and got very upset.
Joseph especially is enjoying the "Vowel Game" now. We say the short vowels to him (you remember a,e,i,o,u) and he answers us with a vowel sound. He doesn't usually get the right one, but he is adorable anyway!

Naps are still a work in progress with the boys. Joseph naps well most of the time (3 naps a day of at least and hour maybe more). Ben is an entirely different story! He naps for 2o minutes and then wakes up grouchy and fights sleep. I am blaming him for the gray hairs that I know have to be just under the surface!

Night sleep is going well. They are usually sleeping from 8:30-5:00 and then going back to sleep until 7:30ish.

Thursday I rearranged the livingroom furniture. It is amazing how two 13lb. children need so much stuff! I had to make space for it. So now there is a corner of the living room designated for baby toys. When the boys start moving I will be putting up a baby gate around it to keep them safe (Or is it to keep Mommy's stuff safe?!?!!). I also have some foam floor tiles I am planning to put down to protect the carpet.

Doug started working at the Ames Wells Fargo Bank this week. He seems to have a good first impression and is hopeful it will lead to some good opportunities. The commute is a little bit longer, but the branch closes earlier and so he is still home by 6:15 most evenings.

I am realizing I need to buy the boys car seat snuggles. They are a little pricey, but I simply cannot keep using a blanket to protect them from the cold. Have you ever tried carrying a purse, diaper bag, and 2 car seats while holding a blanket down so the wind doesn't blow it away? It is impossible!
Here is the one I think I want: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2317948&clickid=body_rv_img
If any of you have used a snuggles I would love to hear what you liked and what worked?

Sorry for the long post! If you are still reading you must love us!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I have that JJ cole Bundle me and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! However, I DO NOT love the price. I found mine at a used childrens store for $6. It was like brand new. So you should look into something like that before you pay full price!