Friday, March 16, 2012

Sand Play


Last fall (right before it got cold) the boys discovered a love for playing in the sand at this one park.
They have been asking to go back all winter.



You can imagine the excitement when I told them where we were going earlier this week.


You may notice the bandaids.  This particular morning involved 3 separate bandaid worthy owies for this young man.  
Head.  Elbow.  Knee.
(Remind me to stock up on bandaids the next time I go to the store!)


We don't have any sand toys right now, but Benjamin & Joseph don't seem to mind.

They like to build a large pill and then bury the wood chips ("treasures") in the pile.


  I think it is funny how they will run to the other side of the sand box and then try to carry sand back in their fists.  {grin}


After this it was home and directly into the bathtub!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Precious! We've done a couple park outings already too, the weather is LOVELY!