Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quotes

"My brother and I have just had the experience of an American lady to stay with us accompanied by her two sons, aged 9 1/2 and 8. Whew! Lovely creatures — couldn’t meet nicer children — but the pace! I realize have never respected young married people enough and never dreamed of the Sabbath calm which descends on the house when the little cyclones have gone to bed and all the grown-ups fling themselves into chairs and the silence of exhaustion." ~ C.S. Lewis

"We have had an American lady staying int he house with her two sons aged 9 1/2 and 8.  I now know what we celibates are shielded from.  I will never laugh at parents again.  Not that the boys weren't a delight:  but a delight like surf-bathing which leaves one breathless and aching.  The energy, the tempo, is what kills."  ~ C.S.Lewis










No comments: