Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Putting Up The Tree

Yesterday was probably the most anticipated day of the entire year for Benjamin & Joseph.  They have been talking about when we would put up a Christmas tree since this summer when I brought home a "new" garage sale tree.  {grin}

You can only imagine the pure joy that happened when I drug the large tree bag up from the basement yesterday morning.  Joseph was screaming "Hurray!" clapping his hands, and jumping up and down. 


I made the choice to let the boys be involved in every aspect. 
If you don't/haven't had 3 year old boys, I need to warn you that it takes quadruple the patience and time to accomplish tree decorating when you let them "help." 
It was FUN and EXHAUSTING all at the same time!

It really took almost all day (with a few breaks for grocery shopping, naps, meals, etc.)
You can all imagine how fun it was to string lights around the legos on the floor.  {grin}


Hopefully, it was also the stuff they will remember for years to come.

They really took the job of hanging ornaments very seriously.  



Mommy & the boys had a few "creative differences" in the process,


But in the end I think we all were all pretty happy with the result!



Our tree isn't out of Martha Stewart Magazine, but we love it!

This morning when Joseph woke up, he just went and sat in front of the tree - wide eyed - for the longest time.  {melt me!}  


3 comments:

Julie said...

Our kids put thier ornaments on and are in clumps all over the tree :o) I have to not stare at how unevenly spaced they are... But the kids had fun! Your pictures are beautiful and Im so glad that you had a memory making time with your boys :o)

Carrie said...

Yeah, it took a whole day for us, too! Z 'read' me the instructions as I put the tree together and then I conveniently strapped them into their booster seats and served them supper as I put the lights on. :) They helped with the ornaments, too, but I have to confess that I 'fixed' them by separating them so they looked nicer after the kids went to bed. :) We made it a special evening with hot chocolate & Christmas music, though, and it was fun. :)

Debbi said...

Carrie, putting them in the booster seats while putting up the lights is BRILLIANT! Merry Christmas.