Monday, June 20, 2011

Stick People

I have always found it fascinating to watch children learn, grow, develop, and discover.

Perhaps that is why I majored in elementary education.  

I can remember learning in my child growth and development classes about the progression of a child's drawing abilities and small motor skills.  I can still see in my head the pictures my professor shared of the progression from scribbles, to crude stick figures, to more advance drawings.  

It was interesting to see when I was in college.  However, watching my own children now making that progression is even more FUN.

This week, for the first time, Joseph drew "Daddy" and it actually had a hint of looking like a "real" stick figure person.


Need it interpreted?


A few days after drawing this I showed him the picture and he said, "Oh no, I forgot Daddy's other arm."


I am not sure who the blue person is?  Hopefully, it is not me with facial hair!  {grin}


I can't imagine how proud and excited I will be when he can form letters and words!

No comments: