Thursday, April 21, 2011

Real Life Snapshots From This Past Week

These are just a random group of photos.  
Things that I want to remember about the right now in our lives!

Releasing balloons.  By far a favorite activity from last week.  
Benjamin keeps looking for more balloons so he can do it again.


 I painted, and painted, and painted.  Doug took the boys to Grandma and Grandpa's so I could work uninterrupted (thank you honey!).  I didn't sit down from 8:00am - 10:00pm!
I know color doesn't come across well on the computer, but here it is. . .

 Now for some new curtains {grin}.

Laundry.  Always.
The 2 baskets on the floor are for folding.
There is a load in the dryer and washer as well.
Thank you, Lord, for blessing our family with so many items of clothing & for the machines so I don't have to wash by hand!
  
Running.  20+ miles a week now.   I am "unofficially" (haven't signed up yet) training for a 1/2 marathon (almost, this race is 12.5) in June.  My long runs are up to 9 miles at a 9 minute 30 second pace.  

Playing.  These bins are kept in the living room and rotated out with others often.  Mr. Potato head is a huge favorite right now and the Fisher Price toys have had a resurgence in popularity recently.

Every night Benjamin asks Daddy to lift him up so he can touch the ceiling.  


Hard lesson learned about throwing our toys onto the ground {sniff, sniff!}.


Our stacks of books from pre-nap cuddle and reading time.
  

5 comments:

une autre mère said...

I totally admire you for running. I don't, but fervently applaud those who do! And great job with the painting! It looks very inviting!

Clarinda said...

What a great life you have!
I'm jealous of your shoes!
Happy for you to get to run, that's an amazing goal to run a 1/2 marathon. I'll just stick to running around bases every week. :-)
Do wish we lived close to each other, what fun that would be!

Julie said...

Do you run with a jogging stroller or leave the boys at home with your hubby?

dugroz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbi said...

(I'm never sure the best way to respond to comments! I guess I will just try putting it here.)

Clarinda, I agree! What fun we would have if we lived close! These shoes are the best, and have totally gotten rid of the shin splints I was battling!

Julie, I have a membership at Accell Fitness. $20 a month. They have childcare & a treadmill (all I need!). I am so blessed to be able to do this, and it is really my escape/coping mechanism. I usually go 3x a week and then run outside on the weekend if the weather is nice.