It was a long day today.
Snow & Wind (a lot!). Cranky toddlers. Cold & Cough.
When I had a few free moments I checked facebook and saw a link my pastor's wife had shared to a great web sight, True Woman. It had a great encouraging blog today. Within that article there was a link to another article called, Tips from an "Old Mom." This article was so challenging to me today & I wanted to remember it, so I thought I would put the tips here. Hopefully they will encourage someone else too!
Tips from an "old mom"
- Pause for a minute. Take a deep breath, and ask God for grace to enjoy this season.
- Ask Him to remind you of the brevity of this season in moments when you're so tired you think you'll collapse.
- Find creative ways to have fun with your kids today!
- Go give each of your children a hug—right now while they're this size—because tomorrow they'll be a little bigger!
- Tell each of your children something special you've noticed about the way God created them. Then pray with them thanking God for that particular trait.
- Ask your children for forgiveness—often! It will train them to do the same.
- Watch for opportunities during your normal routine today to teach your children something new about God.
- Ask God to remind you (often) to treasure these years.
- When you go to sleep tonight—be sure to thank Him for the gift of these little ones.
1 comment:
Thanks for posting these!! They are all needed on a daily basis aren't they!!
Post a Comment