Sunday, August 15, 2010

No One Ever Told Me...


That when you are a mom at least 40% of your time will be devoted to nursing sick children & that 35% of that time will involve nursing sick children while you also are sick!

This past week has been a rough one, but like everthing in parenting, I know the difficult times will fade and the sweet, joyous times will be what hold my memories.

So today I am grateful for...

Extra cuddle time with my toddler who usually is too busy to snuggle

Chicken noodle soup

Modern medicine. Insulin specifically.

A husband who is willing and eager to share in the cuddling when mommy needs a break.

A dry basement (many friends and family don't have one right now!)

Sunshine

A fridge & freezer full of healthy food

Grandpa & Grandma's visiting (for a whole week!)

God's Word that provides calming, strengthening words when I need them most.

A mind full of music to sing in the wee hours of the night when your toddler needs comfort.

An upcoming birthday party!

Joseph's cute way of narrating life right now. It goes something like this..."All done sleeping, wear car jammies, Mommy here, Brother here, brother sleeping, wake up brother, daddy shower, daddy go to work, daddy's car, cane, eat cereal, mommy drink coffee, brother need poke, Mary Poppins, cane, ...." and on and on it goes all day long. God has blessed me with a chatterbox I think!





No comments: