I just realized it is 6:45. I woke up about 15 minutes ago thinking "Yah" my boys slept in. However, I just looked at my clock wrong, thought it was 7:30 and rolled out of bed. Now, I'm too awake to go back to bed. So, instead I'm going to write a quick summary of the last few weeks.
* * * * *
My parents arrived on Thursday, May 6th for an extended stay. They live in AZ so we don't get to see them as often as we would like. This month there are many events going on here in the Midwest involving our family (graduations, freshman year-end college student needing to go home, wedding, marriage reception, etc), so they are camping out at our place during and in between all those events. My dad flew home last Saturday and will be returning in a few weeks. Mom will be with us until the first week of June, save for a short trip to see her dad in MN. The boys just love them to death & have quickly learned that Grandpa & Grandma are good readers!
* * * * *
Last Saturday we had a marriage celebration for my brother, Tim, and my new sister-in-law, Mandie. They eloped in January and this was the first opportunity we had to celebrate with them. We had a nice family BBQ. Many in our extended family were able to come for the day/weekend. We are praying for you, Tim & Mandie, as you learn what God has planned for your future together!
* * * * *
Last Saturday was also my 30th Birthday. Because of all the events surrounding my brother's marriage celebration we didn't really "celebrate" much on that day, but instead my sweet family surprised me on Thursday night with a little party. I was VERY surprised! I thought I was going to be going for a quick run & was all dressed for that, when everyone showed up with cake, food, cards, and gifts! Thank you sweet family!!! And a BIG thank you to my hubby who gave me a gift certificate to "Massage Envy" for some pampering!
Also, Saturday night my wonderfull Uncle treated us all to an M&M buffet in honor of my birthday!
* * * * *
On Wednesday night Doug & I snuck away for a little late Christmas present to each other... South Pacific! It was nice to have a fun date, just the 2 of us.
The boys' other Grandparents stopped by for a visit this past Thursday. We always enjoy seeing them for a little bit. They brought adorable little Thomas trains for the boys. Benjamin & Joseph love them and have played with them a lot the last few days!
* * * * *
Through all this activity we have all managed to catch a nasty cold/respiratory virus. Hopefully we are all almost past it, and didn't share with too many people.
* * * * *
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for my nephew, Trent. He was released from the hospital on Friday (May 14th). He went home with a PIC line (think long-term IV) and his mom is administering his antibiotic that way. There are still concerns about his hydration, his absorption of food, and avoiding infection, but overall he is doing much better.
* * * * *
Now it is 7:05 AM & I hear one of my boys. I am off running for the day!
Have a great one!

1 comment:
LOL I love the idea of an M&M buffet!! Did I ever tell you that a long time ago I tried Dark Chocolate M&Ms because of you? I wasn't too crazy about them... but I'm a huge fan of the peanut butter ones. In fact, Nathan is out to get me some right now. :)
Post a Comment