Monday, February 22, 2010

New Toy

Amidst all the craziness of this past weekend we were given an unexpected blessing. Some neighbors of ours were moving to Florida (don't you feel bad for them?!). She saw me out in the yard on Thursday, playing with Joseph, Benjamin & the little boy I watch, and asked if we could use a pool & some other kid toys.
As a side note...I had just finished pulling all 3 of the boys in a wagon for one mile! That's 75lbs of toddler boys!!! They all loved it, but I was tired. I wonder if my haggard, fatigued appearance caused her to take pity on me! {grin} "The poor lady with all the boys!"
In all she gifted us a very nice kid's pool (I just checked & it is selling for $100 on ebay!), a Fisher Price Picnic Table, and the hit of the day today...

A Fisher Price Slide!!!

I scrubbed it down, let it dry, and assembled it for them in the kitchen. They were ecstatic. They giggled, squealed & went down the side over, and over, and over!

You can see the delight on Joseph's face in this picture! He played with this all day and was very happy. He pitched an all out fit when I took him away to change him into his jammies this evening.


Benjamin started out & perfected the tummy slide. So cute. Then eventually, after watching Joseph a few times, figured out the tushie slide. So proud of himself!

Today Benjamin has definitely turned a corner on his illness. He is eating, and his numbers have been more stable (not perfect yet, but better!). I think you can tell by his eyes in these pictures that he was feeling better.

I had a few teary eyed moments watching them play with so much joy together. God is so good to give us these moments to tuck away in our memories.

Thank you to a neighbor who was generous & will probably never know the joy which she brought us with her gift.

4 comments:

greglong said...

Andrew got a similar slide for his first birthday and it brought several years of fun!

Every good gift comes down from the Father of lights!

Karen said...

Praise the Lord for how he provides for our needs and even things to bring us enjoyment in this life!! And that it came at such an opportune time!! God is so Good!!!
So glad Benjamin is doing better!!

DAD / Grandpa Carter said...

"The LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations." (Psalm 100:5) God is good; He is only good; & He is always good. God is good to you; He is good to me; & He is good to everybody! It was a great blessing to see Joseph's smile and Benjamin's eyes. Thank you for sharing. I come to your site often to get a smile and brighten my day.

IowaGal5 said...

What joy. What a gift! Especially in this very LONG cold, snowy winter. Love the smile in their eyes. So glad to see Ben up and movin' and groovin'.