Today the temperatures soured into the 20's, so I decided that it was time to try a little snow play with the boys.
.
It took a good 20 minutes to bundle them up in our mismatched, garage sale, snow gear. Their boots are at least 2 sizes to big so they should be good next year too!
.
I was uncertain about what the reaction to this activity would be (remember THESE pictures), & wondered if it was worth the effort, but the beautiful sun was shining & I just couldn't stay inside.
.
Hurray!!! They were very happy to be outside.
There were only 3 instances of tears...one lost boot, one set of gloves that wasn't providing adequate coverage, and one face plant. So basically, they cried if their skin touched the snow, but otherwise they were perfectly content.
.
They didn't really play with the snow. It was more like playing in spite of the snow. They were so happy to be outside & able to run waddle around in their snow gear.
This was their first introduction to a snow shovel. If we live in this state forever, like their daddy says we will, they will be spending lots of time with a shovel as they get older & probably not be as thrilled as they were with it today. {grin}
Benjamin was most interested in climbing our neighbor's stairs & spent most of his time attempting that. Isn't he the cutest fluffy thing you have ever seen in his snow gear?!?
Overall it was a success. I will definitely be doing this with them again. Although, if all the snow melts in our 30 degree temps tomorrow (HURRAY!) I won't be complaining.
.
Oh and...Yes, Joseph is wearing my gloves. His were not working & I didn't want to go inside yet with both of them so we got creative. {grin}
1 comment:
They are so stinking cute!
Post a Comment