Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Stuck Indoors How To Entertain Small Children During A Snowstorm

Well...the weather around here is not improving.
This is the view out my front door. The street is in there somewhere.Almost all schools are closing & sending kids home early. The weatherman is saying 8 inches by tonight & maybe 14+ by morning with bad winds. So... I am brainstorming during my boy's nap of ways I will entertain them from 2:00ish until 7:00ish when their Daddy usually get home. No, change that, with the snow it will be more like 8:00 when Daddy gets home.
.
Clearly, we won't be doing much of this...
But this might work...

Lots of blocks & Legos...

Tons of reading...

Tupperware play & emptying of all accessable drawers in the house...

I recently took out this nativity that they enjoy...

I thought we might try playing with beans (haven't done this before so we will see)...
And of course there is...
Singing, dancing, piano playing
Chasing up stairs
Coloring with crayons
Bath time
?????
.
My last ditch plan I picked up at the store this morning for $1...
The chocolate is for me and the sticks are for them {grin}
.
What do you do with your children when you are snowed in?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer the more traditional method of "sticking in a DVD." Although your boys are little and I wasn't as big into DVDs then. Now, though, you can bet that when we heard the storm was coming we stocked up. ;)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Sometime during a snow storm, inevitably a big blanket is spread out in the living room, a fun movie is put in, and snacks are served...endless snacks. When the boys were little, they would never sit still for a movie, but they'd rally around forever if food was involved!
We also migrate from room to room--it's like a whole new world when you're cooped up!