Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekly Wrap

It has been a busy weekend getting ready for company this next week. My Mom & Dad arrive today (Hurray!!!). I can't wait to see if the boys remember them & how long it takes for Joseph to realize Grandpa Carter isn't just a picture on the fridge & Grandma Carter doesn't just talk to him on the phone. Later in the week, my brother & new sister-in-law to be, and my Grandparents, and my sister-in-law, and my niece and nephews, and Grandma & Grandpa Rose will all be joining us. So Fun!!!

Amazing where I find things now-a-days; you never know what random items will show up in unusual places . . . spoons in the towel drawer, blankets & clothes in the shower, Legos EVERYWHERE, a toothbrush on the stairs, puzzle pieces in the dryer, and lightsabers in shoes.

We attempted to get family pictures taken at Target this week. I should have known it was a bad idea when both boys got a cold early in the week, and Benjamin managed to clobber Joseph with a toy, causing a huge forehead bruise & a scratch across his eyelid. But, no, I pushed ahead...and unfortunately we got a very inexperienced photographer who had no idea what to do with 2 squirmy toddlers. Not one single picture turned out {insert sad face}. I think we are going to try using a professional photographer next time instead of a store-based studio. As my husband said..."you get what you pay for!"

You can see Joseph's eye scratch in this picture...

Bananas are well-liked around here right now {grin}. Manners are still a work in progress.

Our church had a pie fellowship last night. LOVE pie. Oh & thank you Dawn for reminding me that a pumpkin pie is an entire 9 points with Weight Watchers! The guilt I felt for eating it was quite bad, but it didn't stop me. {grin}

1 comment:

jennifer noel said...

Adrian had her 1 year pics taken by Diana Mandernach of Polk City. For outdoor pics she uses her yard or she goes to the near by Big Creek Park and even has an indoor studio. I really was happy with it and was $80 for the session and you get the copyright so you can print the pics where ever you want. Her website is: www.dianasphotoexpressions.com