This week was once again a thrilling, exciting, mind blowing, completely average in every way. We slept (minus the teething interruptions), we ate broccoli (a BIG favorite of the boys), we played, we practiced crawling downstairs over & over & over, and we enjoyed being outdoors.
We most certainly didn't wear our pj's until 12 one day, share sippy cups, or leave the bathroom door open causing damage to 4+rolls of toilet paper. Nope, not us!
This picture was taken at my favorite park. It is my favorite because there are NO stairs for the boys to climb!!! I also like the material under the play equipment. The boys just bounce right up off it when they fall (which is often).
It was nice to have Doug's Dad & Mom here for an afternoon. They generously agreed to watch the boys so I could go get a haircut. The boys just love all the extra attention they get from Grandpa & Grandma.
Speaking of extra attention, they also got some from their Aunt Kristi who took a break from the rigors of college to spend a day & night with us.
Saturday we went to the farmers market. I am embarrassed to say this was the first time we have every gone. Doug & I both enjoyed it and I was thrilled to come home with lots of fresh, yummy, locally grown veggies. I can't wait to taste this squash with some apples & cinnamon. I can smell it baking as I type. Yummy!
Our church had a picnic Saturday night. It was part of a missions conference we are hosting. There have been many activities that I was disappointed to miss (to hard with Doug gone for football & no child care for the boys), but Doug was home this evening and we enjoyed the opportunity to share a meal with our church family in the GORGEOUS outdoors.
The boys are crawling down stairs like pros now. I have even stopped putting up the gate.
Benjamin has started talking walking seriously and yesterday & today has been walking across rooms. I am sure he will soon be able to keep up with Joseph (who is starting to run).
Look at these baby blues. I just love them.
The boys are crawling down stairs like pros now. I have even stopped putting up the gate.
Benjamin has started talking walking seriously and yesterday & today has been walking across rooms. I am sure he will soon be able to keep up with Joseph (who is starting to run).
Look at these baby blues. I just love them.
*****
Finally...
The Good News...
Katie at The Baby Factory has given me a blog award!

(To quote Katie's blog)
So what does this mean, exactly?
Nothing, other than that I get to bestow this award on some of YOU!
So, here's the rules of the award:
Nothing, other than that I get to bestow this award on some of YOU!
So, here's the rules of the award:
1. Each Superior Scribbler must turn and pass on this award to 5 of the most deserved blogs.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the blog and name the author from which he/she received the award on his/her blog.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display the award on his or her blog, and link to this post.
4. Each blogger who was awarded Superior Scribbler, must visit this post and add their name to the Mr. Linky. That way we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor.
5. Each Superior Scribbler must post the rules to their blog.
4. Each blogger who was awarded Superior Scribbler, must visit this post and add their name to the Mr. Linky. That way we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor.
5. Each Superior Scribbler must post the rules to their blog.
The Bad News...
When I try to follow the "rules" and go to the post Katie mentions, my computer goes nuts & starts opening thousands of windows very quickly??? So I am going to be breaking the "rules" buy not linking or naming my award winners. So sorry Katie! I hope there is no blog disciplinary action for breaking the rules!
1 comment:
that is so weird that it does that!! you'll definitely have to nominate some winner, though ;) I totally wanted to go the farmer's market this weekend. but i actually wanted to sleep in more :)
Post a Comment