Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Source of Strength

"On the day I called, You answered me; my strength of soul You increased." Ps. 138:3

"He will tend His flock like a Shepherd; He will gather the lambs in His arms; He will carry them in His bosom, and gently lead those that are with young..." Isaiah 40:11

Some days are hard. Benjamin & Joseph are both getting bottom molars & today has been one of those hard days. Both awakened early crying. Both want only mommy. All the time. I am reminded of my need to draw close to THE ONE who is my source of strength. I need strength today to stay loving & patient as I care for the precious treasures God has given me!

Sometimes desperation makes you creative. This morning, while trying to hold both boys and keep them happy, I spotted my tea pot & utensil container. Wonderful distraction! A few moments of contented play!






"He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men (and moms) shall fall exhausted...


..but they who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles;..


...They shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and no faint." Is. 40:29-31




"He gives the barren woman a home, making her the joyous mother of children.
Praise the Lord!" Ps. 113:9
"I thank You that You have answered me and have become my salvation!" Ps. 118:21

1 comment:

DAD said...

Debbi, I think you know the story but let me remind you that Psalm 113:9 was the verse that God used to encouraged me when your mother did not want to go to church on Mother's day in 1979. We were married just a few days short of 6 years and she was very discouraged about having no children. We prayed and you were born the next year to make JoAnn a "joyful mother of children." A mere 28 years later and you also became a mother. God is good.