Friday, August 21, 2009

Weekly Wrap

Perfection...A cup of coffee, my laptop, my blog, and 2 napping babies! Time for some rambling thoughts.

My parents have been here this week for the purpose of dropping my "baby" sister off at college. It has been such a blessing to have them around. My mom has soaked up every minute of snuggle time the boys will give her & my Dad has been the perfect Grandpa playing chase & reading stories. It just breaks my heart that they live so far away & our times together are so few & far in between. They leave today & I know the boys (and I) will miss them.

Joseph is almost a "walker" now. Not just the "I can take a few steps," but the "I walk everywhere all the time." Benjamin is working on it. He walks around & around the kitchen table & chairs, loves to use our push toys, and can't get enough of holding our hands and walking. The only problem is he wants to walk sideways!

We are all sick right now. Somewhere we picked up a summer cold & it has been a doozy. The nights have been rough as the boys struggle to breath & the days long as they both want mama at the same time & aren't to keen on sharing me. But that being said... I am so grateful that for the most part I have 2 healthy children. Colds are so minor compared to the challenges some parents face on a daily basis. I am loving (sort of!) the extra nighttime (as in 2 am) cuddles from Joseph who hardly every cuddles.

Reading is quickly becoming a favorite activity around here. The boys LOVE their books & will frequently go to the shelf where we keep them, pull ALL the books down & then sit looking at them. Joseph I think would sit in our lap all day if we are reading a book to him.

The boys are becoming talkers!!!
Joseph now says...
Mama
Daddy
Uh-Oh
Stinky
Ball
Benjamin says...
Mama
Dada
Uh-Uh-Oh
I am loving this new "talking" phase!!!

I sold some baby items on Craigslist this past week. I had very mixed emotions about it! We need to get rid of some of the stuff the boy's are no longer using (our basement has been take over by baby gear), but it means I don't have "babies" anymore. Of course the boys can always find a new use for their old baby toys if I did decide to keep them around. Example: a bouncy seat makes a perfect bucking bronco!

My hubby stayed home from work today because of his cold. Even though we are all sick, I am going to try to take advantage of the extra hands & sort though/organized the boys closet. I need to pack up the 9-12 mn. clothing & trade it out for the large basket & bin of 12-18 month clothing I have ready (thank you clearance racks/garage sales/Goodwill). I am always sad to do this, but also very happy when we are ready and organized for another few months. Anyone have any tips/tricks they want to share on keeping their kids clothing & closet organized???
Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!!

2 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

love love love the talking phase....it is sooo much fun!

IowaGal5 said...

I love the talking phase too! Brooke hit the "language explosion" at 14 months, but she was early. Grant I think was 16-18 months. I have it written somewhere of the words they could say at that age. It is astounding how they will add several new words a day when they hit that explosion.
Congrats to Ben on his new skill! I knew he wouldn't be far behind. He is so cute when he laughs and claps. Love it.
Miss you tons.