Thursday, August 13, 2009

Birthday Party Fun

The Party Plan:
Our birthday party "theme" was DOUBLE HEADER. We decorated with baseball stuff, ate baseball food (Cracker Jacks anyone?), and the boys wore their Cubs shirts.


Gifts:
The boys were a little overwhelmed with everything at first & had no clue what was going on. I do think they LOVED all the attention! Doug & I encouraged the tearing of paper and they got the hang of it after a little bit. Each time they realized there was a toy in the package they immediately wanted to play with it and would look at me in confusion when I took it away and gave them more paper to tear!




We were just overwhelmed by how generous everyone was to our boys! They have enjoyed every one of their gifts (well, not the clothes, but they will use those come winter & mommy likes them!).

The Cake:
The plan was to have baseball cakes for the boys with their names on them & baseball cupcakes for everyone else. However, after some horrible frosting meltation a few hours before the party, the plan changed. I wiped frosting off of 2 cakes and 24 cupcakes and we went with sprinkles & the silly sugar decorations. Oh Well...I chose to not let it ruin the day!

I definitely have 2 little sugar lovers!

Joseph got his finger into the icing and licked it while we were singing Happy Birthday and from the moment he got a taste of it he started grabbing for it. He really got into it...fistfuls into the mouth, rubbing it into his hair, a full faceplant for quicker eating, etc. He put on quite a show (chipmunk noises included)!

Benjamin was a little more timid, but he loved it as well. He was quite insistent that the cake needed to be removed from the plate and placed directly on his tray (I may have some issues with this one when it is time to teach him to use tableware!). He was quite good at placing large fistfuls of cake into his mouth as well!







The Guests:
We were so thrilled with all of the family members that were able to be here to help us celebrate this milestone in our boys lives. Our guests were: Grandpa & Grandma C., Uncle Tim, Aunt Kristi, Grandpa & Grammie R., Uncle Lowell, Aunt Gayle, Katie, Uncle Nate, Aunt Pam, and Mandie. Could there be 2 boys that are loved more than these 2?!?!!!







For those who really love us, I will be uploading 400+ photos to Walgreens sometime soon for you to enjoy {smile}. Thank you to Aunt Pam for being our "photographer" for the day.

4 comments:

jennifer noel said...

Very cute pictures Debbie, I love how well you document these great milestones. Looking at the pic of all the gifts gave me a few ideas. I think there is a cute mailbox, you will have to let me know if the boys really like that, it looks really neat. All the new gifts should keep the boys busy for awhile, Adrian is bored of hers, I am just holding out til her b-day too. See ya!

Kate Hydorn said...

What a fun post! Great theme- I love it! Looks like a wonderful day.

Sarah Hensley said...

Looks like you had a great party!!
I'm glad you didn't let the melted frosting ruin the day-- I might have cried!!
P.S. It's CRAZY that they're one already. Seriously.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your boys! Looks like the party was a lot of fun!