Friday, June 19, 2009

Going Out (How We Do It)

Yes, I have two babies to take when we go out.

No, I don't want it to stop us from doing anything. It is easier to stay in the house and follow our daily routine. However, sometimes we all (especially mommy) need to get out.

Usually I plan our trips out for late afternoon, after Benjamin & Joseph wake up from their afternoon naps & have eaten. By this time in the day the boys (and I!) are ready for a change of scenery.

Where do we go?
* Target
* Garage Sales (we go in the morning for this one!)
* Kohl's
* Wal-Mart
* Babies-R-Us
* Michaels
* The Mall
* Fareway
* The Library
* Hy-Vee
I usually make no more than 3 stops in a trip. Getting in and out of our vehicle takes a ton of time & is a lot of work.

What do I do with the boys when I shop?
* Wear them both. One on my front in a sling & the other in my Bijorn carrier on my back (I don't do this often because it requires my shoulders to carry 40 lbs.)
* Wear one and place the other in our umbrella stroller or cart (the most popular option)
* Put both in our double stroller (not liking this one very much - stroller is heavy & awkward to move + no baby cuddling while I shop)
* Put both in a cart (It works better than you might think! - See picture)

What do they do while I shop?
* The LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to people watch (especially if the people are children!)
* Eat - mum mum's, beans, whatever I will give them
* Play with my keys
* Play with any items they can grab in the cart (this one is becoming a problem as they are starting to through items on the floor after they grab them!)
* Listen to their mama sing crazy songs like "If I Only Had a Brain" or listen to their mama explain everything..."This is a battery. We use batteries to make your fishy tanks run."

So we enjoy our outings together! Sometimes it goes wonderfully & sometimes I end up rushing to the checkout lane with 2 crying babies. Somehow we make it work! BTW - I so admire you mamas out there who shop with more than 2!

1 comment:

Homegrown Tribe said...

that was fun to read... and very similar to what we're doing right now! :)

i love your header... I might have to steal that idea! :)

britt