Here I am with the 2 handsome men who have given me the precious title of "Mommy." (Ok I am teary just typing that!). I do not take lightly the blessing God has given me.
I attempted to write out what being a mommy has meant to me, but my words are falling so short and I haven't been able to put my feelings into words, so I am going to put that post off till another time.
At our church there is a special parent/child dedication ceremony each Mother's Day. This is an opportunity for parent's to publicly express their intent and desire to raise their children to know and love God. We were so privileged to participate this year. (Thank you to Christine Poole & Eric Fisher for taking some pictures for us!)
Here is Doug introducing us & the boys.Some of the boy's nursery friends who are sharing this time with us.
Doug praying.
Just us!
The boys were so good. They had HUGE eyes when we walked out to the platform and they saw the bright lights & all the people.
The church presented us with a book on parenting (Shepherding A Child's Heart), a children's book for the boys, and some folders for keeping special mementos for the boys. We were so glad Doug's parents could join us for the day. After the church service we ate Subway sandwiches at our home, exchanged some small cards & gifts, and enjoyed the boys.
The boys both had a card for me & Doug also gave me a card and a small locket.
I was able to talk with my own mom on the phone in the evening. I LOVE YOU MOM & I wish we could have been together to share this special day. Thank you for all your love you have shared over the years! My boys are so blessed to have you as a Grandma!
2 comments:
So happy for you that you got to enjoy your first Mother's Day! Love all the videos you've been adding.
That's so neat that the church gives out "Shepherding a Child's Heart"-- we have that book and it's a good one.
Wish we had been there on Sunday to see all you guys up there!
Post a Comment