Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekly Wrap

We have had a wonderful and full week here. My mom & sister were able to travel from the warm state of Arizona to spend 6 days with us.

It was so great to see the boys interacting with my mom & my mom enjoying the boys. Joseph crawled for the first time while she was here and both boys were quick to show of their many "skills" for their number 1 fan (after mommy of course!)

It was great to see Aunt Kristi as well! She will be joining us on a more "permanent" basis in the fall when she begins her college experience at Faith. I have already laid the ground work for some babysitting possibilities!


My Aunt & Uncle were able to drive down to be with us for the weekend. We had not seen them in over a year and it was wonderful to spend time with them. Joseph decided that my uncle is the BEST THING EVER and was constantly crawling over to him for some attention.




This little cutie is getting very close to crawling. He is busy rocking on his hands and knees & just today he move from his tummy into sitting position without help. Up until now he has not really cared about crawling. He just rolled and spun to get what he wanted. We all think Joseph's crawling has made Benjamin realize he needs to be able to get away if he is going to keep the toy he has (or is that if he wants to take the toy Joseph has?!?!).


To keep things equal, there is now a new poll on the sidebar so you can take a guess at how soon Benjamin will join his brother in keeping mommy on the move.




Joseph continues to progress in his movement. He LOVES being able to get where he wants to when he wants to. He crawls over to me all the time to climb into my lap, he crawls to his brother to steal a toy or tackle for some loving, and he crawls under and into everything to explore it. In addition... the side of his crib is now up because he is reaching to try and pull up. While I am definitely having to be more watchful (we bought a baby gate), I am SO ENJOYING watching his world open up. If I am honest I am also a little sad that my "baby" is beginning the process that will one day lead to him not needing his mommy any more.



Doug has been missed this weekend. He was gone Friday through Sunday on a belated 30th birthday trip/getting married soon trip with his friend to visit some other friends in Wisconsin. I think he had a great time, but we definitely missed him here at home. He came home after the boys were in bed on Sunday evening, but Monday morning when the boys heard his voice they both got VERY excited!!!


When Grandma came so did the clothing fairy! She brought several adorable outfits for the boys and we are so thankful. I just had to show you this adorable hat and sweater that she knit for the boys. Complete with "I love Grandma" buttons!
Finally.... Please pray that the boys start sleeping better at night soon. I don't want to sound like I am complaining, but between the two of them I have been awakened 2-3 times (sometimes 4-5) every night for almost 3 weeks now. I can't figure out what is going other than maybe teething???? (Ben now has 2 top teeth and I can see Joseph's coming). If any of you have ideas other than Tylenol I am listening. This is one tired mama.

2 comments:

IowaGal5 said...

The sweaters are precious. I am so thankful your mom got to experience the boys in all their glory.
As for the night waking, have you checked the babywise 2 book? I really think it might be the teeth. Also - with all the company and stimulation, that doesn't help, but not much you can do about that, plus they are gone now (boohoo).
And in the poll, again, I am going to be the loner in the 2+ category. My reasoning is that Ben is more laid back, takes his time. I might be really wrong this time, but oh well, it was fun.
I can't wait to see the boys again. With their mobility, they are changing sooooo much.
Love,
Auntie Dawn

Clarinda said...

Teething Tablets...they sell them at walmart. They're a homeopathy solution & I used to keep them in the diaper bag for constant use. And if they every get into them (which one of mine did) it's not harmful for them or anything. Actually it just makes them so calm they fall right asleep.