.JPG)
Benjamin has his first ear infection. He started acting fussier a few days ago and was grabbing at his ear quite often, so I decided I need to get him checked. Dr. Howard (who I love, love, love as a pediatrician) said he has a sinus infection and a minor ear infection. We started a 10 day round of antibiotics last night. Ben also has developed a cough. It made me so sad to hear him on the monitor at night coughing. He is sleeping OK. I had to check on in last night at 10 & 12, but then he slept until 7.
I am also giving Benjamin probotics. Probotics you ask?... They help replace the good bacteria in our bodies that is killed with antibiotics (sort of like yogurt). Dr. Howard said it might help with the side effects.
2 comments:
Poor baby. I am glad you caught it.
Oh how I wish probiotics had been around when Trent was little. He had infection after infections, and several rounds of antibiotics. He would develop an intestinal imbalance known as C-difficil, a nasty problem when the bad bacteria takes over control in the intestines. Then he would have to take meds for that too! A couple of times he ended up in the hospital with it because of dehydration. Not to mention he had so many ear infections he has permanent hearing damage in the left ear.
So - yeah for probiotics! I hope he feels better in a day or so.
Hugs and Kisses,
Aunt Dawn
Isn't that the worst feeling as a mother - when your baby is sick? :-( Prayers from our house to yours!
Post a Comment