Joseph & Benjamin are both enjoying their mesh feeders (see picture). I put banana in them and they chew away. They both have been very good about trying different food. So far...rice & oatmeal cereal, sweet potatoes, sweet peas, green beans, carrots, prunes, apples, bananas, and pears are all YUMMY and accepted.
The BIG news here this past week is that Doug has a NEW JOB! He is very excited and will be starting in 2 weeks. He had been looking around at some possiblities for a little while and recently it all came together. He can explain the job better than me, but basically he will be advising people on their 401Ks at Principal Financial. It will be mostly on the phone. Doug is thrilled that it is mostly in the area/topic that he enjoys.
This week I attempted 2 different outings with the boys. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it is a BIG deal to take 2 babies out, and I have had some disasterous trips in the past (2 screaming babys are not really welcome in any store). However, now that they are a little older I am getting braver! We went to WalMart & the mall this week. We get lots of smiles/comments/looks of pitty/etc. as I push my double stroller while carring a baby in a sling through the isles!
Grandma Carter - I'm sorry there are not new pictures. My memory card filled up and I had a WalMart incident (they "lost" the first CD I turned in so I had to turn the pictures in twice - 4 separate trips) has prevented me from any new shots. I will try to make up for that this week.
Grandma Rose - We need more Thomas blankets please :0). The boys are LOVING them at nap time and I am having trouble getting them washed!
They boys are now sleeping from 8:00-7:30ish at night!!!!! I am thrilled to have the evening time with Doug and the uninterrupted sleep.
Pam & Nathan joined us for a game of Rook on Friday night. I think I got the worst hand every round, but we still had fun. I am so glad Uncle Nate & Aunt Pam live close.
Ben has learned a "new" noise. We call it his "baby wookie" noise...it's hard to describe, but it is kind of like a growl from his throat.
I guess that is all my random thoughts for now... I hear a baby so I'm off for some cuddling!
2 comments:
Glad to hear about Doug's new job!
I have never heard of a mesh feeder before. I wonder if I should try that with Madge? She likes to suck on wet washcloths...
Also the pictures on your newest post (kitchen flor) are so cute-- they look so happy!
Post a Comment